Tuesday, March 13, 2012

CNN says 60% of workers have less than $25,000 saved... Isn't this concerning?

Earlier today, I read an extremely interesting article on CNN.com that is titled "60% of workers have less than $25,000 saved". Upon reading this, I became very frightened. I have read about the declining quality of life for retired workers, the trend of older age retirement, and medical costs scares. In fact, through my extensive reading I have also started to become curious about what retired life will be like for people of our generation. The more I researched, the more I started to realize that my generation will have to start saving for retirement ASAP! Retirement plans will absolutely become less-and-less of a 'crutch'- many speculate that by the time that I will be looking to retire, social security (retirement insurance) will be in major jeopardy. The quicker teens are educated, the better it will be for our future. It would be a terrible wake-up call if we were to start thinking about these issues only when it is absolutely necessary.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/13/retirement/workers-confidence/index.htm?iid=HP_LN

No comments:

Post a Comment